Sunday, October 2, 2016

Stories and memories!!!

Hello,

In one of the books I read , it was written that 'Bedtime stories make the strongest memory for a child'. I find this true because I like stories, no matter when they are being told. Grandparents are born to be storytellers, they use the night time to instill traditional, cultural and mythical values in grandchildren. Those are still afresh in my mind. Not only the bedtime stories, i still have the memories of the stories i read in my English and Hindi books in school. I think stories when told artistically can leave a lasting impression on mind and turn the course of actions.
The mythical stories of Hinduism like Ramayana and Mahabharata may be just stories or why would be they called 'mythical' but we keep on celebrating festivals around it , spend money and get holidays. But the point is that we keep on telling and reciting these stories to teach the people about the things that matter like truth, duty, honor, sacrifice.
I am not atheist but God sometimes seems to be mythical. We listen to the stories of God from our elders , we started believing in the powerful mystical creature and keep going for the traditions. But yes, the faith keeps us stronger, keep our hopes alive and keep us afraid enough not to commit any crimes.
I never wanted to cover God in this post of stories, but he came up from nowhere. Yes, exactly my point, he is Mystical and Mythical!!!

-Mrunal

No comments:

Post a Comment